This past Sunday we looked at Genesis 17, where God communicates covenant obligations to Abraham, gives him the promise of a covenant Son, and establishes the sign of covenant faithfulness. From this story we learn some important lessons about how the promise of God gives us a new identity, creates a new community, and calls for holy living. Let's live this week as a holy people who find their identity in the gospel promises of God.
Listen to The Covenant Confirmed
PREPARING TO HEAR
This week's sermon will be from Genesis 18. Take a few minutes to read the passage and consider the following questions:
- How does the identity of the mysterious visitors unfold throughout this story? (Hint, check 19:1 also).
- Why do you think the promise of a son through Sarah next year is repeated?
- Why do you think God bothers to inform Abraham of His plan to judge Sodom and Gomorrah?
- What can we learn about God's character from the exchange between Him and Abraham?
- How does this view of God both encourage and challenge us?
PREPARING TO SING
Below are the songs we will singing together on Sunday. Use this as a resource to learn unfamiliar songs, to meditate on Christ-centered truth throughout the week, and teach your children songs that will fill their minds and shape their hearts.