In Genesis 43-45:15 we saw Joseph's brothers return to Egypt and meet Joseph once again. The story shows how God works repentance in the brothers, specifically in Joseph. God brings about repentance in our lives by bringing about a change of mind that leads to a change of heart and results in a change of will. True faith leads to true repentance, turning from sin and turning to God in love and obedience.
Listen to "The Triumph of Grace"
PREPARING TO HEAR
This Sunday we will be considering the rest of Genesis 45 through the end of chapter 47 to see how the story of Joseph shows God fulfilling the promises he made earlier in the story. Take some time this week to read Genesis 45:16-47:31 and think about the following questions:
- What promises from God do we see being fulfilled in these chapters?
- How does Joseph's view of God's promises affect our own view of God's promises?
- What is the importance of Jacob blessing Pharaoh?
- How could Joseph's story have turned out differently if he didn't keep God's promises in mind?
Please take a moment in preparation for this Sunday to pray for those God will bring to the service, both believers and unbelievers, and that he will work in their hearts to understand the Scripture and apply it to their hearts.
PREPARING TO SING
Below are the songs we will be singing together on Sunday. Use this as a resource to learn unfamiliar songs, to meditate on Christ-centered truth throughout the week, and teach your children songs that will fill their minds and shape their hearts.
- How Firm A Foundation
- Your Great Name We Praise
- By Faith
- My Soul Finds Rest In God Alone
- Be Still My Soul